Tuesday, October 5, 2010

5 days post op and my first post since

Overall, so far everything has been better than expected. Yesterday was my first day that I felt good and I feel better today so each day is improving. Surgery went well. I checked into the hospital last Thursday around 7:30 am surgery was at 10am. I was in my room about 1pm...at least I think the times may be a little off. For dinner I had ensure, pudding, & broth. They brought me calcium every few hours but crushed them up and put in apple sauce since I wouldn't be able to swollow a calcium pill. They also took my blood a few times throughout the night to check calcium levels. I did not sleep at all while in the hospital the pain med made me tired but I would fall asleep for 5-10 minutes and then be wide awake again. I was released around noon on Friday. My directions are 1000 mg of calcium a day, 1/2 a pill of my beta blocker, stool sofner (much needed), pain med as needed and/or ib profin, drink lots of water and oj. I see my endo on Friday and also have my post op Friday so I guess that's when I will be starting synthroid currently I am not on anything which I thought was a little odd but double checked with my endo and she said I will be fine until I see her Friday. From the time of surgery up until Sunday night I constantly had ice on my neck and had it elevated. I experianced some twitches for the first 2 days that would wake me up right out of my sleep. I had a horrible headache for 4 days not sure why and nothing helped it. When I get up from the couch to go to the bathroom I get noutous and dizzy for a few minutes but even that is better now. When  I walk I am looking at the ground still....I know I need to stretch my neck but it hurts and scares me and I am still having trouble moving it from side to side. I am very happy with my incision, I actually think it is very small and it looks like it is healing well. I am still eating soft food because chewing a lot bothers me and I found out yesterday that yawning hurts really really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment